The RAW Digital Media Ltd Usage Policy has been developed with the following objectives:
- Ensure security, reliability and privacy of RAW Digital Media Ltd' systems and network, and the networks and systems of others.
- Maintain the image and reputation of RAW Digital Media Ltd as a responsible provider.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression.
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources and discourage practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the value of Internet services.
- Avoid situations that may cause RAW Digital Media Ltd to incur civil liability.
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users.
We expect our Customers to use the Internet with courtesy and responsibility and to be familiar with and to practice good Internet etiquette. By adhering to the following policies, our Customers are protecting the rights and privileges of all Internet users.
Violation of any of the following policies is strictly prohibited and will result in:
- Immediate termination of all accounts
- Immediate suspension of websites
- Notification of suspected of illegal activities to the relevant authorities e.g. the Police and / or the Internet Watch Foundation
- Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of RAW Digital Media Ltd' services, any material that is, in RAW Digital Media Ltd' sole discretion, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, statute or regulation.
- RAW Digital Media Ltd' services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or material in violation of UK regulation or law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute. RAW Digital Media Ltd reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
- Customers may not engage in tortuous conduct including, but not limited to, posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or making physical threats against another person via email, news, or any other electronic media/service we provide.
- The Customer is responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date billing information. Furnishing false data on the signup form, contract, or online application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
System and Network Usage Security
- Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks.
- Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user's terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Customers must safeguard their account passwords to prevent unauthorised access to their account.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. RAW Digital Media Ltd will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- RAW Digital Media Reserve the right to access servers/accounts within their network if they believe the terms and conditions of use are not being followed.
- Bit Torrent software and P2P protocol software is not permitted on our network. Servers continuously running a risk of supporting these types of services will be disabled and cancelled from our network.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, is prohibited.
- Sending offensive, indecent or abusive emails is also prohibited as well as sending emails for the purpose of committing or with the intention of committing fraud, phishing, criminal offence.
- Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the Customer must not send that person any further email.
- Customers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to "mail bombing" (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email) and "trolling" (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses) is prohibited.
- Forging of header or any other information is not permitted.
- Subscribing someone else to a mail list or removing someone else from a mail list without that person's permission is prohibited.
- RAW Digital Media Ltd accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Usage Policy or the usage policy of that other provider.
- These rules apply to other types of Internet-based distribution mediums as well. USENET postings have their own regulations; see below.
- RAW Digital Media Ltd is not responsible for the content of any USENET posting, whether or not the posting was made by a RAW Digital Media Ltd Customer.
- Postings to USENET newsgroups must comply with the written charters or FAQs for those newsgroups. Advertisements should only be posted in those newsgroups whose charters/FAQs explicitly permit them. The poster is responsible for determining the etiquette of a given newsgroup, prior to posting to it.
- Customers are prohibited from posting the same or similar message to large numbers of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "USENET spam").
- Customers are prohibited from posting binary files to newsgroups not specifically named for that purpose.
- Customers are prohibited from cancelling or superseding posts other than their own, with the exception of official newsgroup moderators performing their duties.
- Customers are prohibited from forging header information. This includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for posting to a moderated newsgroup.
- A customer may not solicit mail for any other address, other than that of the Customer's RAW Digital Media Ltd account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies after RAW Digital Media Ltd' service has been terminated.
IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
- RAW Digital Media Ltd is not liable for the content of any communications made on IRC.
- IRC robots ("bots" or "clones") or IRC sessions may not be run from RAW Digital Media Ltd' server accounts.
- Customers may not attempt to impersonate others or use IRC anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
- Customers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that interfere with or deny service to other users on any server or host. Customers are also prohibited from engaging in activities which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" (rapidly entering text with the intent to fill the screens of others), "flashing" (disrupting terminal emulation), "takeovers" (forcibly seizing operator privileges), attempting to send private messages to those who do not wish to see them (via "ignore"), attempting to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other disruptive behaviours.
- Customers may not permit the use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto responders other than for the Customer's own account.
- Customers may not employ posts or programs that consume excessive CPU time or storage space. RAW Digital Media Ltd reserves the right to kill off CPU intensive process.
- Shared hosting packages/services are not to be used as a backup service. All stored files that reside on the Customer’s account must be directly related to its web site. Archiving MP3, video, images or backups is prohibited on shared hosting packages/services. If the Customer needs these abilities, the Customer should consider options ( to include upgrade to a dedicated server).
- The Customers agree to check all of their email accounts in regular intervals. The Customers understand that, should the capacity of the Customers email boxes be exceeded at any time, RAW Digital Media Ltd may amongst other things return all subsequently received emails to the senders without notice to the Customers.
Material and Product Requirements
- Customers must ensure that all material and data placed on RAW Digital Media Ltd' equipment is in a condition that is "server-ready," which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on RAW Digital Media Ltd' part. We shall make no effort to validate this information for content, correctness or usability. In the event that the Customer's material is not "server-ready", we have the option at any time to reject this material. RAW Digital Media Ltd will notify the Customer immediately of its refusal of the material and afford the Customer the opportunity to amend or modify the material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of RAW Digital Media Ltd.
- Use of RAW Digital Media Ltd' service requires a certain level of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use and desired content of the Customer's Web space. Customers must have the necessary knowledge to create and maintain a Web space. It is not the responsibility of RAW Digital Media Ltd to provide this knowledge or customer support outside of the service defined in the Service Agreement.
- We do not allow to run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the shared servers. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD, Any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- We do not allow IRC, egg drop bots or anything of the sort on our network. IRC servers are subject to DOS Attacks The ports necessary to make IRC work are filtered. If you are caught running an IRC server inside our network your account will be terminated. This is a pretty common practice in the hosting market today.
- We do not allow following scripts with known security issue. UltimateBBS (all versions), Ikonboard (all versions), IRC Egg Drops, Proxy Servers, nph-proxy, The Anonymizer, any soap mailers, CGI-telnet or script that opens a shell session with the server.
The Usage Policy defines the actions which RAW Digital Media Ltd. considers to be abusive, and thus, strictly prohibited. The examples set forth in this policy are non-exclusive, and are provided solely for guidance to customers.
If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or activity is prohibited, please use our online forms and we will assist you. Please note that the activities set forth above are also not permitted from other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise, any service hosted by RAW Digital Media Ltd, or connected via our network. Furthermore, such services may not be advertised via deceptive marketing policies.
RAW Digital Media Ltd must further limit any exceptions made to the Usage Policy as secondary in regards to server and networks security, performance and integrity. Any user, regardless of exception status, may have his or her service disabled if it is interfering with our servers or network.
Specific questions about this policy should be filled out on our online forms. Reports of activity in violation of this policy may be sent via registered post to our head office.